Jacob is so funny. We've decided he is like a border collie. Lots of energy, never stops moving, very helpful if he has a job but without one he becomes destructive. And what's more: His mouth moves about as fast as his little feet.
Lately his favorite thing to ask me is "Do you know where honey comes from?" As if I've forgotten in the ten minutes since the last time he asked me this. It really doesn't matter how I reply because no matter what he then says "The bees mom" And he says it as if it is a conspiracy or some secret.
Jacob loves to 'read' books. He memorizes them and then thinks he can read them as he recites the words from each page. His favorite authors at the moment are Shirley Hughes and Robert McCloskey. We recently checked out One Morning in Maine and read it so many times that he memorized the entire book--even the details. So now when we get a new book he will bring it to me and ask me to read it because he doesn't know what is says yet.
Potty training kids brings lots of funny experiences. The other day I heard a lot noise. I look for Jacob and see that his bathroom door is closed. A minute later he comes out and says he has a surprise for me. It was no surprise what it was but I went and admired and congratulated him. He was so proud.
Another day...more noises from the bathroom. I go in to ask if everything is okay. When I open the door he looks embarrassed. I ask whats going on and all he says is "Monsters Mom. There were monsters." ??
What a funny kid.
Joshua lately tries to make as much noise as Jacob. He will belt out his vowels as loud as he can until no one else can be heard. If he does this while Jacob is talking, Jacob gets very annoyed that he isn't being heard. Joshua seems to get pleasure out of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment